My New Home

Hi,

Today is different, not like all the 27 days since I was born. Lying alongside my siblings and closer to my mother, I awake at the sound of someone walking..or is it, two…three…four people walking? I am curious.

Oh, here they are! Watching us and talking with each other. They watch us and I watch them. The men are all comfortable patting my brother, big sister and parents. The lady is a bit nervous. I become more curious and I walk towards the lady. I want to comfort her, “Oh, it is okay. It is just us…”

She doesn’t see me coming. I sniff and start licking her feet. She sees me now and slightly pulls her feet away. I lick again. She says, “Oye kutty, no licking”. Oh, come on, I am only comforting you.

I lick her feet again. Ah, now she seems less nervous. “Okay” says she. That’s good. The man next to her is patting my dad. Oh, he is not scared. I lick his feet now. And he gives me a gentle pat.

I go back to sleep with my siblings. Suddenly, a gentleman picks me up and walks towards the lady and the other man. He says, “She has chosen you.” Oh, he read me alright and that's amazing. Yes, I chose them.

Few minutes later, two hands hold me with expertise and care. Oh, he is the expert and a very senior veterinarian they are talking about. He brings me to the car that is standing outside. I am now handed over to the lady whom I chose. The doctor says, "Best wishes to you".

Now the lady holds me but I can feel she is not comfortable holding me...neither am I. Then she decides to place me on her lap. Baby steps lady, baby steps...

She slowly places me on her lap and oh, that is some relief.

Lap is a great place to nap

The car stops, door opens and now I am brought to a new place. Soon, someone walks inside. He must be the big brother they talk about. 
Can you feel my love as I do yours Big B?

I now decide to call this place “My New Home”.
Home, sweet home...
Want to know what lesson the lady learnt today?

Today's Lesson

When you bring a new puppy to your home, never leave her / him in your living room. The puppy should first be left in the area where it would be comfortable for the puppy while doubly ensuring it is comfortable for you. The first thing a puppy does on arrival is to pee. Ensure your choice for her will help with potty training in the coming days. Potty training a puppy starts right from the moment you bring her home.

Remember, regardless of how young a puppy is, your emotions are well sensed by the little one. So, never handle the puppy with fear. Your nervousness and fear will impact your new found friend. 

To read the post on Chezhi's new bed, visit this page.

Comments

  1. The naration is like puppy expressing it's experience Really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback. Hope you will keep visiting us to read our puppy's experiences.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts