Big Brother's New Experience...Mine As Well - Part I

I really love to keep my diary updated on a regular basis. But mom is simply not co-operating. You see, I had My First Injection on 24.12.2021. But mom let me share my experiences with you all only on 27th. You know something, though I dictated my first post 'My New Home' on the day the family brought me on 10.12.2021, she posted it only on the 13th. 

It seems I will always be behind when I become dependent on her. 

To save her time I have come up with a new idea, which of course, I will let you know in a while. Now is the time to share Big B's new experience, yes, mine as well. 

First will be mine of course.

After injecting me the previous day, the doctor had told that I could be taken to terrace. So, in the morning of Christmas, mom took me to terrace. This is the first time I am being taken outside my home. 

Though mom carried me to the terrace I had some shivers. What is a terrace? How will it be? Is it safe for a puppy like me? 

Mom opened a door that led to the terrace, took me out to open space, stood for a second or two and gently placed me on the ground. "Here you go luv" said she. 

Oh, this place is pretty huge.


Is this what you call the 'outside world'?

I hear some strange sound. "It is the sound of birds" said mom. "See they are flying".


Oh, birds are in the air. Can they walk?

A wall here. Mom placed her mobile on the window and played a music. Oh, Taichi music. I hear this whenever they go to practice Taichi. So, this must be where they practice Taichi.


Is it safe to place your mobile here mom?

The music is so good. It has a calming effect.


Hope they don't ask me to practice Taichi

The roof is so high above. "It is the sky" mom pointed towards the 'roof'. 

"There is the sun" said mom. I could not look at the sun directly. It hurt my eyes.


Is it the same with everyone?

The space was huge. I had a lot to look at and had a good run and did some walking when mom got exhausted.

I did some shadow watching as well. 


My shadow is bigger than me!


How did my shadow in the front come to my side?

It was fun to watch my shadow though I moved on as I had many other interesting things to do on the terrace. 

Okayee, overall, it was fun to be in the terrace. In spite of the terrace being interesting, I am not sure if I would like to come here again. Let's see.


What did mom learn today?

Today's Lessons

Are puppies scared of heights?

Doctor had instructed on day 1 itself not to lift puppies while standing as they will be scared of heights. The doctor also warned that puppies do not know that they should not jump from heights as their height perception is yet to mature and hence we need to be very careful when taking our puppy to terrace. 

Why do puppies chase shadows?

Puppies, even dogs, chase shadows. It is an inherent trait as they all along have been used to prey-hunting well before domestication. Hence, they are naturally fond of any moving object. While this may be inherent, not all puppies and dogs do shadow chase. 

Boredom, fun and fear may lead puppies and dogs to chase shadows. However, when this becomes obsessive it is a sign of stress or anxiety. It may also be an indication that they have not received their share of physical activities and attention. Hence, keep watch on your pets' activities to ensure they receive their share of attention, love and exercise. 

Comments

  1. Superb Rama. Nice photos of Chezhi. Nice captions too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Happy to know you appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts