My New Name

I am now getting accustomed to My New Home and I see that they are getting used to having me around in the apartment. It is interesting to listen to them. They have many stories to discuss. Dad seems to have had many dogs, most of which were very active. His last pet was a kombai I believe. Mom seems to have had one, which she famously refers to as Alsatian. For big B, I am the first. I am very happy to hear that.

Ever since I came to live here, one topic is often discussed by them. I don't understand much about it...it is like they are trying to give me a name. "Oh, why would you?" I wonder. Do I not already have a name - chippiparai?

As they keep discussing I understand that chippiparai is not my name but the name of my breed...they keep coming up with some name or the other. It seems they take turns to agree and disagree. 

If they ask me, I would say I don't mind how they call me as long as they feed me on time and not ask to go to balcony to pee and poo. These humans can be adamant most of the times. 

Finally, they come up with a name - Chezhi. Chezhi, they say,  means "to prosper", Chezhi means "to grow". Good, I like it. To grow, I need to eat well, I need to be active and I need to rest well. So, it all comes as a package with the name. I like this. 

I am ready to earn my name by growing strong; I will start using the punching bag straightaway

But, it is so new to me that I keep forgetting that it is a name, my name. When I am busy playing and they call "Chezhi", I don't as much as lift my head. Now, they start thinking of finding a way to make me know Chezhi is my name and I need to respond when called "Chezhi". 

Mom goes to the big toy on a table, which they all refer to as 'computer' and 'system'. Mom often goes there. I think she is addicted to the toy. She sits on a chair in front of the toy most of the times and also goes there whenever she wants to verify something. She says, "Let me Google search'. I am here mom...trust my scenting skills...I am great at searching. 

She does not touch the toy on the table but keeps hitting something below the table, which I think they call the 'keyboard'. 

Mom returns and tells the family "Let us give some training to Chezhi so she learns to respond to her name". Okayeee, they are going to train someone. Wait, oh no, I am Chezhi, you wanna train me. Noooooo, no training please. Go easy on me and give me a few days.

By the way, it seems there are lots of fitness equipment for training puppies. Hope my family buys me some interesting dog exercise equipment to keep me fit and engaged. 

Want to watch my youtube video? Kindly check below please.


P.S.

Since, I do not realize yet that Chezhi is my name, I fail to respond when they ask me to go to balcony to pee and I just pee in the living room. They do not scold me. 

Some time later, mom and dad decide to leave me in the balcony and not let me inside until I peed. I squat for some seconds and lift myself up. They applaud me and try to wash my feet and the balcony floor. But they stop midway...they have some doubt and bend to have a closer look at the balcony floor. 

Before they realize I did not pee there, I run to the living room and complete my task. Guys, I am smarter than you think. 

They seem stunned for a moment and then they burst out laughing. 

Guys, I did nothing...I am just lying on My New Bed...

It helps when you have a bed to fall back upon...

What did mom learn today?

Today's Lessons

Loads of lessons for the day. 

Just like human babies, puppies do take time to understand that they have been given a name and that they should respond when called using the name. Go easy on that, give them some basic training, enjoy the training session and reward puppies once they play their role to perfection. 

Puppies are smarter than we think. Still, it is slightly hard to train them to pee in the right place if we don't train them well enough in the initial days. When it comes to training puppies, consistency is the key. Of course, one should not lose heart if the puppy repeatedly fails to obey. And no punishments please.

P.S.

And never be too quick to applaud your puppy. 

Comments

Popular Posts