My New Toy

Last couple of days were a new learning experience...my vocabulary has improved..super busy...tight schedule...working on a deadline...posts..blog...website. I heard mom saying these often. That is why she simply postponed conveying my thoughts to you. She  told me, "No more daily posts for you Chezhi. I also have my yoga blog to take care of". Hope you remember to add my photo in Down Dog Pose you were talking about mom.

Yesterday something strange happened. I was just running around sniffing and biting things. Suddenly some big thing moved towards me. I stopped in my tracks and just sat down looking at it.

Why is this thing coming towards me?

The big thing kept moving towards me and I ran to my bed and got in. 

It is coming closer

I decided to look elsewhere.
Hope it stops coming towards me

I couldn't help looking at it. It slowly came closer. I moved further back in my bed. 
Will it also hop in?

I wanted to hide from its sight...I cowered.
Hope it does not find me

I decided to pretend as if I was asleep.
So, I started to close my eyes


I could not keep my eyes closed for longer

So...
I decided to keep an eye on it

May be it is not the way to deal with things...After all, it may be action time.
Let me have a closer look...

It is not in my blood to back out of a challenging situation. 
I slowly inch forward

Oh, let me first sniff it. 
Seems okay...

It may be the right time for action, I thought. And got out of my bed.
On getting down, I feel it is much bigger

"It is not the size of the dog in the fight; it is the size of the fight in the dog" - it seems Mark Twain said so. 
I hope it is applicable to puppies as well

"It is an exercise ball. Come let's play" said big B. Then we had a whale of a time. 

I wondered why mom and big B gave me a big exercise ball to play with when I could not even bite it...

Still, what a day it was. It was all fun. The only thing is, it is not my new toy but an exercise ball that these guys have been using. Hope they did not bite it while exercising. 
I slept like a dog, really

Dad missed all these actions. I missed him as well. Anyways, we had some time together the next morning. 
I love it

What did mom learn today?

While biting (well, you can refer to it as 'mouthing') is normal in puppies, there may be more than one way to treat such behavior. 

Doctor's Advise: To stop a puppy's biting habit, you may use a couple of techniques. Firstly, you can let the puppy mouth you for a while before letting the little puppet know it hurts by letting out a yelp. You can give your puppy something to chew on but no teething toys for puppies unless she is 10 to 12 weeks old. Carrots and beetroots work great and they are healthy as well. Just rinse these veggies well and give a piece large enough to prevent choking. 

You can divert your puppy with a toy or a treat when mouthing gets real serious...but ensure you divert her before she starts using force as you would not want to have her connect the biting with treat. Give something your puppy cannot bite but can play with just like this exercise ball, which the puppy could not bite, at least not yet. Pet market is so full of toys for puppies. While choosing puppy toys, care should be taken to buy age-appropriate toys for puppies. 

You may want to check this post for the best toys for dogs.

White vinegar may not actually work for all puppies. Based on information from the internet, white vinegar was sprayed to prevent puppy pooing in the living room. But, puppy did it right on the spot where vinegar was sprayed. 

Comments

Popular Posts