My First Injection

Remember what I told you in my earlier post 'My New Challenge' about an interesting story I had to share? Yes, it is an interesting story but also a slightly painful one...I had my first injection.

The day could not have started better. I had my usual cuddling moments with big B, dad and mom in the morning, got my share of morning cup of milk and then I started my routine. 

Big B set out wearing his shoes. I don't know why I love shoes so much. I always keep biting them though the family tells me not to. They tell me, "No Chezhi, it is not good". Come on, guys, never say anything bad about it until you have a taste of it. Anyways, I had a bite or two when they were not around. 

Then I went near the kitchen. Is it not my porridge time already? 

What is mom doing inside?

Soon mom came out with a cup of porridge. Is the cup not too small mom? Are you sure it will be enough for my hunger?

Mom didn't seem to care about what I thought. She just poured the porridge in my cup and I immediately went for it. In a few seconds, my cup was empty. I went back towards the kitchen and looked at mom.

I told you mom. Learn to trust me, particularly when I am hungry

Mom had no option after I looked at her the way I did. She came out of the barrier again with some more. 

In a few minutes, I had porridge to my heart's content.

 Mom makes good porridge

I was ready for another round of play. So I started sniffing and biting things; I tried climbing the kitchen barrier. 

Mom and dad were discussing something...two matters that concerned me. One was that they were planning to change my bedspread. And the next matter was that I was about to be injected that day. It is a big NOOOOOO to both, fellows. I hoped they heard me.

In case they didn't, I wanted to safeguard my bedspread. So I just hopped in and shut my eyes immediately to go into sleep. I was sure they will not disturb me to make any changes to my bed. After all, I never woke them up in the night except for once in the past. Hope you read about it in 'My First Great Show of Good Manners'.

Guys, do not disturb a sleeping beauty

But humans can be very determined I believe, at least when it comes to treating the younger ones at home. So, they let me sleep and changed the bed after I woke up.

My first plan failed. How do I prevent injection? Soon I realized I cannot. I heard a car. My heart pounded faster. Mom was holding me in her hands as dad went downstairs to greet the doctor who happens to be the friend of family.

The moment I saw who entered our home I was surprised and super happy. The gentleman who entered first was the doctor who was with my mom and dad when they first took me to 'My New Home'. And I recognized the second gentleman as well. He was the one who lifted me and told my parents that I have chosen them. The third one to enter was a little brother whom I adored the moment I saw him. He was super friendly and I thoroughly enjoyed playing with him.

I had some great time with the doctor and his family. I jumped on the doctor and kissed him heartily. Little did I realize I was going to be injected when I felt super happy having them around. But then it happened and I let out a slight cry.  

Okay though. The experience gave some pain but the pain was minimal. Thank you doctor.

Dad was telling them how I sleep hearing mom sing the song 'Chithiram pesudhadi'. Mom often tells her dad loved the song very much and he used to sing it so wonderfully. It is okay mom, I can hear you singing and still sleep. 

Frankly speaking I love the song very much. It is melodious. When I feel very sleepy but unable to sleep on my own I ensure the song is sung for me. I pull, bite, jump on their lap until they ask if I want to hear the song. Then I stay silent so they know I want to hear it. My family also played it once or twice on television for me. You want to hear it? Check here:

https://youtu.be/H7sASaWTrac

Btw, the doctor who came home shared some interesting information with the family. He knew a lot about pets, from A to Z I believe. He was also talking about some big fellas like lions, tigers, elephants and chimpanzees. Wow, he has treated them all.  

Mom learnt some interesting lessons about pet care. "The doctor has over 60 years of experience" said my dad after they left. "Yes, every time we get to speak with him, we end up learning more about pets and about his experience" said mom. 

Seemed the doctor had prescribed some medicines for me. Big B bought those medicines after he returned home. And dad, force fed me. It is the third time you are forcing me today dad - first time, you changed my bed without my approval, then you got me injected and now you are force feeding some medicine. 

Is it fair dad? 

I was disappointed with dad. But, he comforted me and helped me go to sleep. So I decided to forgive him.

I love you Dad

Since the doctor advised mom to leave one of the dresses used by the family member with me to interact with and feel comfortable when they are not around, mom placed a t.shirt on my bed. 

What did mom learn today?

Today's Lessons

Apart from reasons related to teething issues, puppies love shoes because of the smell of the pet family member in the shoes. However, it doesn't mean that we can let them bite shoes.

According to scientists, dogs' sense of smell is at least 10,000 to 100,000 times more acute than humans. We humans breathe and smell through same airways while dogs have two separate flow paths for breathing and smelling.

Comments

Popular Posts