My New Bed

So, I am at my new home. I first lay down on a soft towel. Few minutes later, mom and dad go out leaving me with the big brother. I do all sorts of things any puppy my age would do.

They return a while later with something big and place it on the floor along with some big cover. I get curious to see what is inside the cover. They say, "Don't go near it. We need to wash and rinse the blanket." Bla...blanket, what?? 

The other thing that is on the floor still tempts me. I just give it a bite or two when they look elsewhere. 

I eat some food and now I feel sleepy. I am on big b's lap for a while. Then mom...then dad. They try to put me down on some clothes. But no, I love the lap. 

They discuss about me. 

"Shall we take her to the bedroom?"

"What if she pees on our blankets?" Oh, come on, I wouldn't. May be on the floor next to you as I can't hold it.

"She is too young and she has been with her mother and siblings huddling and cuddling. How can we leave her to sleep on her own?"

"May be one of us should sleep with her outside the bedroom?"

Decide fast and in my favor. I feel sleeeeepy. 

Now, mom calls the doctor and asks for suggestion. She puts the phone down and comes towards us. Tell me, what did the doctor tell you lady?

She tells the family that I should be trained to sleep on my own. They seem  regretful. I feel too sleepy to think beyond. I had a good night sleep on the clothes. 

The next morning..

The cover is gone and the other big thing is rinsed and turned upside down and beyond my reach. No issues, I have other things to bite.

I play well throughout the day. They keep taking me to a place they call balcony and ask me to pee and poo there. No please, let me do what I want to do and where I want to do. They seem stubborn and I am not giving up. They have some success...I have many.

In the night...

They all are doing something, like sort of preparing something. Come on, some one come and play with me. I feel super active.

They bring the big thing, which they refer to as the tub. Then they cut the cloth they call blanket. Oh, this gets interesting. 

All three of them are busy in their act. They put a pillow inside the tub..then the blanket. They keep doing something and suddenly it looks so good. But, what is that for?

Big B lifts me and gently places me inside. Oh my, this is for me to sleep. My new bed. I love it and they can see it. They are happy. So am I. "Sleep well little one" they say. 

"Sleep tight guys" I respond. Now, it is sleep time. 

However I turn, it is comfy 

Mmm, really loving it...perfect bed for puppies.

What did mom learn today?

Today's lesson

What did the doctor say about where to put the puppy to sleep?

While deciding on the place to put the puppy to sleep, base your decision on where you would want her to sleep when she grows up. If you are not going to let the puppy sleep in your bedroom, start training to sleep on her own right from Day One. Don't make her sleep next to you for some days and then try to leave her out of the bedroom after some days. It may make her anxious. However, ensure she is highly comfortable in her place.

There are advantages and disadvantages of letting your pet sleep with you on your bed. Some start sleeping on their own and gradually find a way to your bedroom and to your bed...once that happens, the day you start to feel your pet is sharing her bed with you is not far off.

Btw, there are amazing collections of beds for puppies available online. If DIY puppy bed is not in your to-do list, you may visit pet stores or browse online stores to choose from the best beds for puppies.

Comments

  1. She is very lucky to have such a wonderful mom dad and a brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, Lucky Chezhi, Congrats. Be good and stay happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I will be good and happy - Chezhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well mannered description about the pet , sorry 😔
    Chezhi. I can understand that
    the daily routine of your younger one will definitely change your routine.
    Interestingly I am very eager to know what Chezhi is doing now?
    Lovely family!
    Last but not the least Chezhi is looking very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for your comment sir. Yes, the daily routine of our younger one has changed our routine completely. She has not only conquered our hearts but also our time.
    Thank you very much for your comment on Chezhi sir.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts