My New Challenge

Humans can be a bundle of surprises. When I went for a nap towards evening, little did I realize I will be facing a new challenge on getting up. 

I had a very active morning session right from the time I got up. Big B spent some time with me as he always does before wearing his shoes and setting out with his bag. Wonder what he does going out every morning...

Real fun started some time later with me sneaking into the kitchen where they always say I am not allowed. Rules, madam and sirs, are not meant for me to follow. So, I just kept pushing my limits really wanting to know how it felt to sniff things in the kitchen. The best thing was they don't have a kitchen door.

Mom had a tough time this morning after dad wore his shoes to practice Taichi. It seems to me like a sort of exercise for which they have to wear their shoes and carry their mobiles with them. Mom and dad always take turns to wear their shoes to practice Taichi so one of them can stay at home to take care of me. It is only a matter of time guys. It will be my turn soon to take care of you all.

So why did mom have a tough time this morning? It was because I kept entering the kitchen and she could not cook in peace. May be this is what made them give me a new challenge. 

Okay, as I said, I woke up from my nap and went straight towards the kitchen, of course, after peeing on the way. And there, I was caught unaware...


What is up?

So, they have created some sort of block to check me from visiting kitchen. 


How can they do this to me?

What do I do?


Oh, it could be quite tough

Well, I am not the one to give up. I will make myself fit to cross the barrier. 

What would one do to get fit and achieve goals?

Exercise...yes, that is it. I am going to workout. 

Here is something for my legs. Big B uses it I suppose. They call it foam roller I believe. I will use it for my legs though.


Let me check if it is strong enough for my legs

Yes, it is good enough. Now, I want to try it.


Hmmm...it feels good

The one that's hanging over there is tempting me. The family calls it resistance band...it befits my attitude, I suppose. "Hope not", I can hear their mind voice.


Practice makes a man perfect...but a puppy great

On to the next one. The family refers to these three big things as karla kattai. I had to check which of the three is good enough for me. 


Checking the first one....

Haste makes waste right? So, I wanted to check all three before making my choice. 


I think I like this better. But one more to go

I checked the other one as well. It was a tough call to make. 


I could not decide between these

Actually, there is no need to make a choice I thought.


I will use each one of these, of course one at a time

I worked out for a while you know. I wanted to check the results. The results did show as I can place both my arms on the kitchen barrier.


Yaey, it works

It is just a matter of time mom. I will soon be entering what you call your space while cooking.

Watch on YouTube:
Okayee, the day was really tiresome following some heavy workouts. So, I hit the bed. But I have a goal to reach and it is better I achieve it at the earliest. So, to stay motivated I had this wonderful exercise ball near me as I went into sleep. Hope you remember reading 'My New Toy'. The family says there are many dog training equipment and dog fitness equipment available online. May be they should get me some pretty soon.

While I was going through all these, I heard mom and big B discussing about me. They both felt I looked a bit sad. Mom also called dad over phone and told him that I looked sad probably after seeing the barrier. They set a barrier so I can't enter the kitchen and they feel concerned when they see I am sad. They were also considering lifting the barrier. But they didn't. As I said at the beginning, humans can be a bundle of surprises.


See you all soon from the other side of the barrier

P.S. I have an interesting story to share. It happened today. But I will be able to share it with you only tomorrow or the day after. Mom says she has assignments to complete. She can be a spoil sport at times. Until then, bye.

What did mom learn today?

Today's Lessons

There can be more than a couple of reasons for puppies to follow you where ever you go. 
  • Puppies may follow you everywhere out of love.
  • They may follow you because they are rewarded every time they follow you; the reward could be your attention, show of affection or a treat to eat.
  • Puppies may be trying to gain your attention towards something; your puppy may be trying to point out an empty bowl so you will know she is hungry; 
  • Puppies follow you to all places not only because they are inquisitive but also because they feel responsible for you. 
Also, puppies face a fear period between 8 and 11 weeks according to experts. New objects and new experiences may worry them. They may also become uncomfortable with objects that they had played with earlier. Hence, it is the duty of pet parents to help puppies handle this phase and gain more confidence. 

Comments

Popular Posts