Is There a Silent Fight Going On for Alpha Status? - Part 1

Ever since I came to live with my family in 'My New Home', lots of lessons are being learnt by the family members, including me of course. Of late, I see a lot of changes in mom's attitude as she seemed to be behaving like she was going by the book. But pray, tell me, what book mom?

Have I grown taller? Check the foto below clicked a month ago
The photo below was clicked a month back when this barrier was placed to prevent me from entering the kitchen. Remember reading 'My New Challenge'? Now, I find this barrier on and off at bedroom entrance. It is only a matter of time before I overcome this hurdle.

Flashbacks are sometimes interesting, but only mine
Coming to the point about mom's behavioral change, I find it to be mainly designed for me. She keeps talking to the family about alpha, hierarchy, dominance and such things. 

Mom seems to think that if I am allowed to do things as I liked I will end up being dominant and go on to become the alpha and let the family members be lower in the ranks. Really mom, I wish you stopped checking the internet often. 

Honestly though, I at times try to take things in my control. I choose whom to play with at a particular time, whom to be with and whose lap to sleep on and where to sleep as well. 

Also mom seemed worried that I may end up choosing one family member as my favorite over other members. So, right from day 2, she had father and Big B involved in feeding me. "Because, basically, it is said that a puppy chooses the one who gives food as her favorite." said mom to dad and Big B. "So, let's all take turns to do everything for her so she will treat us all equally" said mom. Oh, can human mind be so complex? Or is it the moms' minds?
Mom, can I do my thinking by myself?
So there started a game where the entire family tried to make me obey certain commands and I tried to make the entire family follow my wishes. 

But father at times used to say that they never followed such rules when they had pets at home earlier. The family was wondering if they should follow their instincts more than following what is in the text. 
Instincts or texts, I hope all follow my wishes
This is the time to analyze my feelings as well I thought to myself. 

What am I really doing? 

Am I in the process of choosing an alpha from the family or am I trying to become an alpha myself? 

Do I love one family member more than the others? If yes, who is it? 

In spite of my attempts at times to dominate, I basically love the family so much that I mostly end up doing what they wish...mostly. 

So here comes the time for some recent flashback moments for me to assess my feelings...but in the upcoming posts.

Comments

Popular Posts