The Day I was Dethroned - What Happened Next?

Not all days are alike. Some days start on a wonderful note. Those are the days I get special treats soon after waking up. But all those wonderful starters may not have wonderful stories to end with like what I experienced on a particular day before 'My First (Hopefully Only One) Horror Experience'. 

The day started great as I behaved like a typical 'Yours obediently' the previous night pooing in the right place.

Are you gonna appreciate me or not?
Remember what happened in I Stretch for My First Victory? Yes, I got to sit on the sofa and sleep. 

The sofa, which the family was mostly occupying except me, suddenly became mostly mine. And I ensured they let me use a major part of it.

Soon it will be completely mine guys
Sometimes I let dad share my space.
Better be thankful dad
Since at times I jump off and fall down, the family shifts me to my bed after I fall asleep on the sofa. Sometimes I refuse to move. 
Fake it until you make it...
But as I said, a wonderful morning does not always result in having a wonderful day throughout - unless one behaves well. It so happened I didn't behave well on that particular day. I peed on the sofa.

Want to know what happened next? What else? I was simply dethroned...

Do you guys want to re-think about it?
Ok, the family did not seem to have second thoughts about dethroning me. So, I had to settle down in my old bed, which was'My New Bed' a month ago. 
Is this how you want me to sleep fellas?
The family believed it will not be possible to let me sleep on my old bed because I had outgrown it. So they decided to let me lie on the sofa without cushion. 

Oh no, it will not be comfortable I thought. Even sitting on the chair without cushion hurts my sit bones terribly bad.
Can't you just wash the cushion and put it on the sofa?
Thankfully they realized it will not be possible for me to lie on the cane sofa without a cushion. So they generously spared me one from one of the single seaters. It is great to have a family that feels my pain.

Really proud of you all
I am not sure if the family will be comfortable sitting on the cane sofa without a cushion.
Can you manage here Big B and dad?
This, though was not a permanent solution. So, the family decided to put the sofa's cushion on the floor to see if I will lie down there. But no, I didn't like it.
When will you guys first ask for my approval?
To show my disapproval, I went and sat on my old bed which now did not have much luxury. But, I had to make a point right?
Will anyone come out of the room please?
The family started looking for puppy beds in online stores. 
Hope they will consult me before buying

We all had to come to an agreement at some point. 

No. 1, I have outgrown my old bed.
No. 2, I did not like to sleep on the sofa cushion on the floor
No. 3, the family cannot spend in thousands to buy a new bed without confirming if it is worth it. 
So, we decided to wait a couple of days and in the meanwhile come up with a suitable idea. 
Let's see what happens next.

What did mom learn today?

Today's Lessons

While puppies generally never pee on their beds, they may at times do so. It is nothing to worry about unless it is a regular incident. 

Puppies may not immediately take a liking to any bed that you may have chosen for them. They have their preferences too. Before deciding on a bed for your puppy, the following factors should be considered:

Size and shape of the bed: The most common question that arises is to go small or big. You may want to consider the breed and how tall the pup will grow before you decide on the size. If your puppy is going to be a big dog in the near future you may want to consider a larger bed. Yet another important aspect to consider is the place your puppy is going to settle down to sleep. It is recommended to take into account the room size before choosing a dog bed. 

While choosing the shape, consider your puppy's sleeping patterns. 

Fabric: While choosing the fabric the climatic conditions you are in should be considered. Also take into account your puppy's preferences. 

Beds that are too soft should be avoided. It is best to go for beds that have firm surface. 

Last but not the least, in spite of your best efforts your puppy may still not be willing to lie down in the new bed. Gradually train her to use her new bed and within a matter of days you will find your puppy happily settled in her new bed. 
 








Comments

  1. Chezhi is grown up now at the first look itself I could find the change.
    He's happy and healthy ,may be,
    He's under the care of his father , the renowned touch therapist .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sir, you have noticed well. Chezhi is now in growth phase. She is happy and healthy sir, thank you. As far as Chezhi is concerned, we are being guided by senior doctor Bakthavatsalam, who is a veterinary expert. After her first two drips episode, she had another vomiting issue and this time Chezhi's father, being a touch therapist, treated her using acupressure points. Both Dr. Baktha and his son Dr. Ramesh Baktha were willing to wait to see how Chezhi responded to touch therapy. Thanks to you sir, we got to mention and applaud the inclusive approach adopted by Dr. Baktha and his son in providing health care to Chezhi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts