My Second Challenge

I am growing. So, the level of challenges I pose to my family is increasing...and they return the favor by raising the bar. It was one such situation I faced a few days ago before My First (Hopefully only one) Horror Experience

I woke from my nap and walked towards the kitchen. You remember the kitchen barrier episode I had shared with you in My New Challenge post? Now that kitchen barrier was not there but something bigger was there. Oh no, it seems to be like some sort of gate. 


They think a lot only about how to stop me...

Why is the family always doing something when I am asleep? They do small things when I am awake like placing the shawl on the chair's back so I can't reach.


It used to lie on the chair's seat always...

Oh, then I understood. They have been raising the bar since I have been growing. Guys, never think you can outsmart me. 

I am not the type to give up. So I kept trying the sticks one by one. The family refers to those sticks as reapers. 


First attempt...

Ok, the first attempt did not work. So what, there are many more.


Second attempt...

Second attempt failed too. I checked the third...and the fourth.


Am I recording my first (only) failure?

I felt bad but there was another emotion in me - calmness. Yes, I was biting the reapers, I was repeatedly pushing my nose into the gap in the right corner and shaking the reapers. Still, I was often calm. 

Big B pointed it out to mom. He said, "Mom, it is not for food that every time Chezhi comes and sits here. He comes to see you. When the first kitchen barrier was in place, she was not able to see you comfortably so she was placing her arms over the barrier, shaking it and whining. Though this new barrier is taller, she is able to see you through the reaper and hence she is calm." 

Mom replied, "I don't think so. She comes to me only for food." But I could sense mom felt proud inside about what Big B said. 

At that moment, I felt super proud to have Big B as my brother for he sensed my emotion perfectly well. Though I don't like it when he watches his mobile when he is with me, I don't complain. In fact, sometimes he gets a shut eye while I am on his lap. I keep silent or I slide next to him and have a shut eye myself. 


I am a supportive sister

But I was disappointed with my dad because I knew he was behind the whole gate thing. So, I decided not to turn towards his side when he sat next to me on the sofa.


Hope he is not watching the tv

But you know, when I feel very sleepy, I forgive all mistakes because he makes me sleep well. So, I decided to forgive his mistake. 



Dad, you owe me an apology

We Chippiparai grow quite faster. So, things started looking promising as I was able to shake the new gate pretty better.

Big B called out, "The gate is coming off". Mom and dad had a look and they were discussing about how poor the workmanship of the person who did the job was. They called him over phone for repairing it. 

In the meanwhile, they put the old kitchen barrier in place removing the new one. The person came and started repairing the new gate. The moment he came in, he asked me, "Dei, ennada panna?"


Oh, is he blaming me?

He told my mom, "There is no chance of this coming off on its own. I just don't know how the gate got loose". 

I ran to the sofa and lied face down. I agree I tried to break the gate but I did not succeed. 


Mom, please don't tell dad

What did mom learn today?

Today's Lessons

Puppies develop emotional bond with their human parents just as human children do. 

Puppies can study the facial expressions of humans. 

The more you gaze into your puppy's eyes with love, higher will be the levels of oxytocin released by the puppy. Oxytocin is referred to as the love hormone. Higher levels of oxytocin promote love and strengthen bond. Hence, the simple rule is to smile at your puppy. Keep smiling and show that you care. 

 














Comments

Popular Posts