A Life Lesson

Mom was on a call. I could sense she was deeply involved in her conversation. Generally I don't appreciate when the family uses their mobile when they are with me. But that particular conversation was about me. So I was a bit concerned. 

Mom, are you going to put me in online school so I can be potty trained?

From what I understood, it was her niece that mom was talking with...so she must be my big sister. It seems she lives in some other city and she was coming over that day to visit us, particularly, she wanted to see me. I felt proud.

I want to show sister my best face
But what the family was discussing made me feel sad. It seems the niece was against the idea of welcoming me into the family. It seems she was strongly requesting mom to go for adopting puppies without homes. But since the family had already committed to bringing me into the family, I was welcomed to My New Home. I was worried what big sister will say. I climbed into my father's lap. 
Hope the family doesn't change their mind 
Big sister came over in the evening and I loved her the moment I heard her voice. Oh, she was so adorable and the way she called me pattu kutti was so lovable. Next moment I was in her arms and thoroughly excited licking her and playing with her. We had a great time. It was so nice that sister did not even mention once about bringing me into the family. Ok big sister, please visit us frequently. I am getting to love you more and more. 

The next day Big B took me to another room in the house to show me something. Big B teaches me a few things and that is always quite interesting.  He said it was a pigeon building a nest to hatch her eggs. 
Was I hatched too?
Big B took me to that room once in about two days to watch the nest. Sometimes father pigeon will be supervising.
It seems all dads are great
Slowly the nest was formed and the mother was sitting on the egg often. Big B said father will take turns to sit on the egg to keep it warm.
What a lovely family
One day we noticed an egg on the nest. It was so wonderful to watch it.
Happy I was not hatched. I am scared of heights
Then there were two eggs. But a good part of the nest was gone. 
They seem unprotected. It is very sad to watch them
Next day the eggs were moved to a corner and almost all of the nest was gone.
It seems the parents don't visit them at all
One day the nest was completely gone. Both the eggs were gone as well. Big B told me that is what happens when parents abandon their young ones. He also told me that generally parents don't abandon their young ones. Only certain circumstances result in such abandonment it seems.

It was really sad to watch all these. The eggs were abandoned by their parents and they did not have a home. So they could not live in this world. I felt very sorry from my heart for all the puppies that are left on the streets with no parents and no homes. 

Big Sister rescues pets abandoned in streets, rehabs them and releases for adoption. She shared with mom a video of a pet who lost both hind limbs in an accident. It was distressing to know that the pet had no home. Mom wanted to share the link here:


I made a decision. When my family adopts a puppy from the street I will be very kind to her and be a very sincere and affectionate sister to her. 

What did mom learn today? 

Nothing. Today's lesson was for me.

Comments

Popular Posts