My First (Hopefully Only One) Horror Experience

So many things have happened in the last few days. Some were challenging moments, some were interesting, some were thrilling but one was a horror experience. And I did not expect the family will have a role to play in it.

Though I always prefer to share my experiences in order, my urge is to share the most recent experience of all - the horror experience.

I was going about doing my usual puppy stuff till the morning of day before yesterday. That was the day I got introduced to the yummy banana. Never the one to step back when there was a possibility of receiving a second serving, I patiently waited for mom's return. Sometimes when she refuses I try to get father's support.  

Sometimes father supports me and sometimes he supports mom. I know when he supports me just by looking at the way his feet are pointed. He is on my side if his feet are pointed in the same direction as mine.

That's how one has to support their child

Some days he becomes super supportive and sits with me in front of the kitchen. 

Or, is he also expecting mom to give him food???

If his feet are not pointed in the same direction as mine, I know he is supporting mom. 

I am angry with you dad...

Thinking about it now, I should have listened to them the day before yesterday. I did not stop with banana, I had some porridge and some pieces of dosai. I walked back feeling full and happy. 

But then, after a couple of hours I threw up. Mom, though was concerned, thought it was due to over feeding. Then I vomited some liquid and mom immediately sent a photo of the vomit to the doctor. 

Doctor had prescribed some syrup. But since I vomited again yesterday morning, the doctor had suggested something else. I was unaware and just sad that they offered me no more food. It seems doctor had strongly suggested against giving me food. 

The family even removed the food plate from its place. 

Oh, no, did I eat my plate?

The doctor came home and I was happy to see him. The senior doctor did not come. The doctor opened his briefcase and I got curious to see what was inside.

I could not recognize any of what the doctor had in his briefcase. I did not realize then that I will know about it in a while. 

The doctor attached the bottle he brought with him to the string in the exercise equipment. They called it saline water.

Why are they hanging it where I can't reach?

The table in the living area was set up on the floor closer to the hanging saline water. May be I will be allowed to climb on the table and play with the bottle. 

It was not to be...I was made to lie down on the table. Then dad and Big B held me tight and the doctor injected something. It was not like My First Injection. This prolonged for a while and for the first time dad and Big B ignored my pleadings to let me go. It seems the doctor was injecting me some saline water. Why doctor? Could you have not poured it in my cup?

In a while, everything was over and I was let off the table. I was angry with my dad and Big B. So I ran to my mom and placed my head on her lap. 

Mom is supportive though she did not feed me all I asked for

Big B started in a while and then doctor left. Though I was angry with father it disappeared the moment he held me tight. 

You always make it easy to forgive you dad

Soon mom and dad brought something home. I thought it was some toy but no, it was something more rewarding for a starving puppy like me.

Whoever hid this tasty water inside this?

I thought it was over but the saline bottle was still hanging over there. 

May be the doctor forgot to remove it

I vomited again in the night and again in the morning. But after mom spoke with the doctor I came to know I was improving. But, I felt there was a 'but' element in the statement. Soon I came to know what the 'but' element was.

Watch on YouTube:

The doctor visited us again this morning. For the first few minutes I simply forgot what happened yesterday and went running towards him. 

The table was set again near the bottle. I ran to my bed and hopped inside. I decided to keep a silent watch from inside. 

How long should I pretend?

But soon I fell asleep.

In a while, I was lifted off my bed. Everything was a repeat of yesterday's events except it was mom holding me along with Big B instead of dad. But today I think I took it more bravely. 

Make it fast doctor please

Though I did not like to be contained and injected like this, I remembered I felt good yesterday after this. So, I decided to co-operate. 

Is it over doctor?

Yes, it was over in a few minutes. I felt good in a while. But I felt the greatest relief when the doctor removed the saline water bottle from there. Next time doctor, please come home to visit us without a saline bottle. 

I felt super proud when Big B told that I took it bravely today. 

What did mom learn today?

Today's Lessons

The doctor says that we need to pay immediate attention if a puppy vomits. Particularly, if the quantity of puppy's vomit is more than the intake, it signifies that the puppy is losing her body fluid and hence it has to be treated as an emergency situation and we should seek our doctor's advice. 

When a puppy vomits, the doctor will ask for details about the color of the vomit, quantity, if there were any undigested food particles and if any foreign particles were present. The doctor may want to have a look at the vomit. Hence, it is best to share a photo before proceeding with the cleaning.

Comments

  1. Oh, no , did I eat my plate?

    Interesting to read the above

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed every word of the write-up! IOr, is he also expecting mom to give him food???

    "May be I will be allowed to climb on the table and play with the bottle. "

    Could quote the entire blog.
    Enjoyed so much that I read the article many times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Very nice of you to quote from the write-up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts